Chateau Larrivet Haut-Brion
- Pessac-Leognan Blanc 2016
- Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Pair complex white Graves with luxuriously rich dishes.
- Serve with butter-poached oysters on zucchini and leeks,
- prosciutto and goat cheese timbales
- or Dover sole a la meunere.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, citrus fruits, coconut, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, green apple, wet stones
- This centuries-old estate lies on the same gravely ridge as Haut-Bailly and La Louviere and has weathered such storms as legal squabbles with Ch. Haut-Brion (which they won) and the uprooting of their vineyards in 1935 (which they lost.) Purchased and revitalized by the Gervoson family (Bon Mamon jam) in 1987, their alluring wines now capture the classic style of their storied past.
Write Your Own Review