Chateau Le Bourdieu
- Medoc 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match classically-styled Bordeaux with toothsome favorites.
- Food folk will go with entrecôte a la Bordelaise,
- Wine bloggers will opt for grilled lamb riblets
- or roasted wood duck. Yes, wood duck.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, blackberry
- With a chateau built in 1830 by Philippe Delacourt, Lord of Bordieu, and 100 acres of vineyards nestled close to the mouth of the Gironde river planted to an even 50-50 mix of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, this is a classic Bordeaux estate from top to bottom. Fermented in both steel and concrete vats, the wine is then matured for a year in traditional French oak barrels: some new and some some used.
Write Your Own Review