Chateau Lynch Bages
- Pauillac 2010
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Muscular
- Pair classic Bordeaux with simple, but robust flavors.
- Serve with dry-rubbed, pan-sautéed steaks
- or gigot d'agneau.
- A wedge of aged Gouda or Cheddar and a crusty loaf makes for a tasty evening too.
Nose: Intense, developing, cedar, smoky, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, long finish, creme de cassis, licorice, tar
- Located just outside the city of Pauillac, within the village of Bages (hence the appended name on the label), Lynch-Bages is one of the best known Médoc estates. Currently operated by Jean-Charles Cazes, this chateau continues to challenge its 5th growth status. Surprisingly approachable when young, stunningly hedonistic when fully mature. A classically built powerhouse.
Write Your Own Review