- Cadillac 2017
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- It's lush, sweet and vibrantly balanced like Sauternes, but a Cadillac leaves enough in the wallet for dessert.
- Go for a goat cheese and grilled plum pizza,
- tarte au citron
- or honey-drizzled Roquefort.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, medium-long finish, peach, pineapple, honey
- Created as an appellation in 1973, Cadillac (named for Antoine de Lamothe de Cadillac, founder of Detroit) mirrors neighbors Ceron and Loupiac with its Semillon-centric dessert wines. In fact, Chateau Manos' bottling is 98% Semillon, a full 80% of which are botrytised. The wine is fermented in tank, then barrel-aged in parent Chateau Lamothe de Haux's limestone-walled cellars.
Write Your Own Review