- Syrah Les Planels 2016
- France > Languedoc-Roussillon
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match full-flavored Languedoc Syrahs with roasted and well-seasoned dishes.
- Serve with churrasco, asado or good-old barbecue.
- A natural with sausages, lamb
- and grilled portobellos.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, plum, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, herbaceous, gamey
- Adhering to strict biodynamic principles and a respect for the environment so fervent that Chateau Maris' winery is constructed of hemp bricks with a solar panel-topped planted roof, British ex-pat Robert Eden founded this Minervois-based farm in the early 90's with the credo that "wine is grown and not made." Barley and bulgur thrive between the vines and plows are horse-drawn.
Write Your Own Review