Chateau Mondotte Bellisle
- Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2009
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match a fragrant and earthy Saint-Emilion with roasted dishes and long-cooked stews.
- Pair with a plum-sauced duck breast,
- sautéed wild mushrooms
- or rosemary and red wine-braised lamb shanks.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, mushroom
- Not to be confused with heavy-hitter Saint-Emilion, Chateau Bellisle-Mondotte (Really, how could anyone ever... wait, what?), Chateau Mondotte Bellisle is a Grand Cru in its own right, spanning 17 acres of prime acreage, and whose vines, planted to limestone and clay soil, average 25 years of age. Cement and tank fermented, the wine ages (without confusion) in barrel.
Write Your Own Review