- Hochar Pere et Fils 2009
- Cinsault, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan
- Lebanon > Bekaa Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair seasoned and stimulating reds with roasted and long-cooked recipes.
- Serve with classic cassoulet,
- guinea hens and sausage stuffing
- or a root vegetable stew with herbed dumplings.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, baked fruit, gamey, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black currant, black cherry, earthy
- With a winemaking history dating back to the Phoenicians and Biblical reviews predating Robert Parker's by a few thousand years, the Bekaa Valley is where Gaston Hochar founded Chateau Musar in 1930, with son Serge joining in 1959. HPF is produced from 35 year old vines and aged 6-9 months in French oak. The Hochar wines are iconic, historic and phenomenal.
Write Your Own Review