- Saint-Emilon Grand Cru Classe 2006
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Showcase a world class Bordeaux by pairing it with straightforward flavors.
- Ideal with a whole roasted duck or game hen,
- braised beef or lamb shanks
- and aged cheeses like Gouda or Manchego.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, licorice, mineral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, creme de cassis, wet stones
- Funded by the sale of two supermarket chains, Parisian mega-millionaire and former pro cyclist, Gerard Perse, entered the wine biz by buying Chateau Monbousquet in 1993 (sold 2013), Pavie-Decesse in 1997 and big brother heavy-hitter Chateau Pavie in 1998, bringing in consultant Michel Rolland to cut the yields and add his magic a few years later. The wines are lush and intense.
Write Your Own Review