Chateau Petit Guiraud
- Sauternes 2005
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- The quintessential partner for foie gras, Sauternes also compliments sweet, salty and savory dishes.
- Try with slices of cured country ham,
- roast duck a l'orange
- or a naked chunk of creamy Roquefort.
Nose: Intense, developing, honey, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, honeysuckle, apricot, peach
- Chateau Guiraud is of one of only two chateaux (with d'Yquem) whose vineyards are located entirely within the commune of Sauternes, and the only Premier Cru in Sauternes committed to organic viticulture. Petit Guiraud, the chateau's 2nd wine, is produced from younger vines, fermented and matured in mostly new oak, with a hefty 35% Sauvignon Blanc in the cuvée.
Write Your Own Review