- Sauternes 2005
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- The quintessential partner for foie gras, Sauternes compliments many sweet and savory dishes.
- Try with slices of salty cured ham,
- roast duck a l'orange
- or a naked chunk creamy Roquefort.
Nose: Intense, developing, caramel, coconut, pineapple
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, mango, honey
- Adjacent to Y'quem, the name perhaps a contraction of Ruisseau and sec, for the often dry stream that divides the two, historic Chateau Rieussec, once owned by the Carmelite monks has been under the deep-pocketed control of the Rothschilds since 1984. Their strictly selected 1er Cru fruit is fermented and aged in barrels of the Chateau's own cooperage. Classic.
Write Your Own Review