Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte
- Les Hauts de Smith Blanc 2017
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pair a citrusy and textural white Graves with richly sauced or textured dishes.
- Serve with jambon cru and Crottin de Chavignol,
- butter-poached oysters on zucchini and leeks
- and Dover sole a la meunere.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, peach, herbaceous
- Historic property, with a grape-growing dating back to the 14th century, purchased by Scotsman George Smith in the 18th century and the source of it's name, Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, owned since 1990 by former pro skiers, Florence and Daniel Cathiard, produces both equally praised red and white wines from their gravely plateau vineyards. Les Hauts is one of two younger vine white bottlings.
Write Your Own Review