- Heloise 2006
- Syrah, Grenache, Viognier
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Soft
- Match powerful, yet velvety Rhônes with roasted and look-cooked dishes.
- Savor with braised lamb shanks and baked polenta,
- cassoulet with duck confit
- or a bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, blackberry, herbaceous, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, baked fruit, spicy, cedar
- Heloise is a wonderful and singular wine, produced by terrifically interesting people in an under-appreciated and remarkably beautiful area of a large viticultural region. With vineyards touching four Rhône appellations, the wine from the 30-40 year old, biodynamically farmed vines is aged in for 11 months in French oak. Their motto, "Not yours, not mine, but ours."
Write Your Own Review