- Port Dry White
- Malvasia Fina
- Portugal > Douro
- White, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Mix 2 oz. of white Port with 4 oz. tonic water and squeeze a lemon wedge into a glass to make Portonic.
- Alternatively, pair with prosciutto-wrapped melons
- or shrimp and mango skewers.
Eyes: Water White
Nose: Medium Intensity, aged, dried fruit, floral, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, citrus fruits, almond
- Eclipsed by the far more ubiquitous red Port, its white counterpart gets play time during the super-sultry summer days of the Duoro, when Port & Tonic (or Portonic) becomes the de facto quaffer. Richer, fruitier than fino or vermouth and sometimes considered a more "masculine" version of Lillet, take a bottle and experiment! Invent your very own cocktail.
Write Your Own Review