- Ancient Vines Zinfandel 2016
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Zinfandel, the great American grape, loves recipes that are meaty, saucy and a little spicy.
- Pair with a Oaxacan pork molé,
- a sautéed sirloin topped with a chile-spiked salsa
- or kidney bean Sloppy Joes.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, mocha, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, strawberry, vanilla
- Fred Cline was inspired to make wine by his grandfather, Valeriano Jacuzzi (yes, that Jacuzzi), who lived among some of the oldest vineyards in California. Cline’s Ancient Vines Zinfandel is a cuvée of super-old vine fruit from Contra Costra. Their credo? "Meticulous farming, mature fruit, handmade wines, severe selection and master blending." That, and 7 months of American oak aging. Benchmark.
Write Your Own Review