- Carignane Ancient Vines 2013
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Full-fruited reds love densely flavored dishes.
- Try with a balsamic-marinated London broil
- or grilled portabellos in a porcini cream sauce.
- Ideal with meaty stews, like shepherd's pie or carne guisada.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, chocolate, cloves
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black cherry, spicy
- Fred Cline was inspired to make wine by his grandfather, Valeriano Jacuzzi (yes, that Jacuzzi), who lived among some of the oldest vineyards in California. Culled from century-old vines and separated into lots by ripeness and acidity at harvest, the super-concentrated fruit is aged in French oak for 7 months before the lots are combined for the final blend. Layered, plush and intense.
Write Your Own Review