Clos des Brusquieres
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2014
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Serve robust Southern Rhône reds with savory or earthy dishes.
- Pair with a rich pot au feu,
- decadent duck confit
- or a rosemary and garlic infused roasted leg of lamb.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black currant, cedar, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, long finish, blackberry, black cherry, black pepper
- Until the 1996 vintage, Claude Courthil sold all of his wine to negociants, which is ironic because 100 years earlier his grandfather was one of the first winemakers in Chateauneuf-du -Pape to bottle his own wine. Clos du Brusquières vinifies its grapes in cement tanks without de-stemming, ages in neutral oak and bottles their wines unfiltered. Ultra-traditional.
Write Your Own Review