Clos du Val
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Napa Cabernets love strong, simple flavors.
- Pair with a grilled and garlic-rubbed shell steak,
- a broiled veal chop topped with sautéed mushrooms
- or a wedge of stilton and some crusty bread.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, black pepper, chocolate
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, long finish, blueberry, creme de cassis, vanilla
- In 1970, John Goelet sent French-born winemaker Bernard Portet off to California to seek out new vineyard sites with the potential for producing world-class wines. Portet serendipitously selected the Stags Leap District for their Bordeaux varieties. Clos du Val's 1st vintage in 1972 was one of only six California Cabernets selected for the now-legendary 1976 Paris Tasting. A classic.
Write Your Own Review