- 20 Year Old Tawny Porto
- Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Francesca
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Aged Tawny Ports are a natural match with rich, sweet or nutty desserts.
- Serve with a buttery Double Gloucester,
- honey-hazelnut ricotta cheesecake
- or a plate of almonds and dates.
Nose: Intense, aged, honey, nutty, toffee
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, dried fruit, hazelnut, butterscotch
- Cockburn's storied lineage starts in 1815 with Wellington defeating Napolean at Waterloo and Robert Cockburn, who served with Wellington in Portugal, establishing the firm. Thirty years later he partnered with the Smiths, then it's a century until the corporate takeovers from Harvey's Bristol, Allied Domeq and Pernod Ricard. Thankfully, during these 200 years, the Ports have remained fantastic.
Write Your Own Review