- Rosso di Montalcino 2010
- Sangiovese Grosso (Brunello)
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Rich and ripe, reds from Montalcino are a great match with roasted fare.
- Try with game hens or quail,
- bistecca a la Fiorentina
- or portabellos drizzled with aged balsamic.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, chocolate, floral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, plum, black currant, black cherry
- Col d'Orcia's owner, Count Francesco Marone Cinzano, is also the president of the consortium of Brunello producers, which put him and his winery at the very center of 2008's scandal. Cinzono's storied estate, one of the oldest companies in Montalcino, promotes both development and tradition, rising above any controversy. And they produce awesome wine.
Write Your Own Review