- Savennieres le Bel Ouvrage 2014
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Dry Chenins cut a wide swath across the food pairing map.
- Try yellowtail sashimi or salmon in a beurre blanc.
- Thai pork or a tenderloin with roasted apples.
- Tarte chevre or goat cheese pizza.
Nose: Intense, developing, honey, lemon, vanilla
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, floral, pear, mineral
- Damien Laureau joined forces with his pear-farming uncle in Anjou (natch) in the 90's, attending to a small vineyard that his uncle also owned. With his viticultural dreams now awakened, he purchased a small domaine in Savennieres and set about building a new model in a staid area; with late harvests, low sulphur, long elevage and little battonage. Outrageous? No. Delicious? Yes.
Write Your Own Review