- Aglianico Sacravite 2013
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Robust, intense and pleasantly firm, pair an Aglianico with spicy, tangy and meaty fare.
- Bring on the taleggio and pecorino. Some lucanica too.
- Osso bucco, puttanesca
- and lamb chops with sage.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, brambly, earthy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, leather , black cherry, spicy
- Although founded in 1930, and not bottling their own wines until after WWII, d'Angelo is somehow one of the oldest wineries in Basilicata, and their winemaker, Donato d'Angelo, is the region's go-to guy on Basilicata's specialty, the Aglianico grape. While known internationally for their barrique-aged Canneto, it's their Sacravite bottling that captures Aglianico's savory essence.
Write Your Own Review