- Givry Meix au Roi 2012
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Fresh
- Bright and balanced, Côte Chalonnaise reds brim with myriad meal matches.
- Ideal with coq au vin,
- cured meats and grilled sausages
- or hearty mushroom-barley soup with crusty, buttered bread.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, earthy, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, mineral
- Taking the reigns of the family domaine upon his uncle's death and his father-in-law's retirement, Pascal Danjean has pursued a greener, more reasoned path than his predecessors. He enlarged the vineyard area in 2002 and working closely with the local co-op, reduced insecticide use as well as implementing green harvests. Barrel use in the cellar remains judicious. Very tasty.
Write Your Own Review