- Vermouth de Chambery, Rouge
- Ugni Blanc, Colombard
- France > Savoie
- Red, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- In the glass or on the stove-top, sweet vermouth is a necessary ingredient.
- Essential in a Rob Roy,
- eponymous in "sweet vermouth chicken"
- and perfect in Portuguese pork and clams.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Intense, mature, floral, raisin, toffee
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, plum, licorice, herbaceous
- The only independent company still producing in France's only AOC for vermouth, Chambery, Dolin uses only white grapes, the color for the rouge comes from caramelized sugar. They macerate over 50 plants instead of infusing flavors and use no sweeteners other than pure sugar. Dolin stands as the benchmark for this essential, Alpine aromatized specialty.
Write Your Own Review