- Chablis Les Clos 2001
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Please do not tinker with the sublime synergy of Grand Cru Chablis and seafood.
- Go with lemon-buttered lobster ravioli,
- seared scallops with leeks and bacon
- or sautéed trout with an oyster cream sauce.
Nose: Intense, developing, flint, floral, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, stone fruits, wet stones
- Separated from the rest of Burgundy, both stylistically and geographically, the wines of Chablis are born from the clay and limestone-rich, fossilized oyster shell-formed Kimmeridgian soil tha defines the region. René and Vincent Dauvissat separate themselves from almost all of the other Chablis producers with their superb understanding of terroir, air, wood and time.
Write Your Own Review