Domaine de Beaurenard
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019
- Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah, Cinsault...
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- A natural with festive meals, pair a Chateauneuf-du-Pape with meaty dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with birds like squab, pheasant and game hen.
- Try venison, lamb or veal chops.
- Beef bourguignon, too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, toasty
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, spicy, tobacco
- A late 17th century mention was made of the vineyards of Bois Renard (Wood Fox), but somewhere in the intervening 3 centuries, the name of this domaine has morphed into Beaurenard (Beautiful Fox.) Daniel and Frederic Coulon represent the 7th generation of their family to manage the estate. Biodynamically farmed, the 13 grape varieties utilized are co-fermented and matured in conical vats, foudres and barrels.
Write Your Own Review