Domaine de Belle Vue
- Sauvignon Gris 2014
- Sauvignon Gris
- France > Loire
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pair racy and minerally Loire whites with local seafood and piquant vegetable dishes.
- Perfect with grilled octopus or striped bass.
- Match with clams and mussels
- or goat cheese and black bean enchiladas.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, grapefruit, mineral, pear
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, citrus fruits, stone fruits, almond
- With nearly a dozen varieties being farmed biodynamically at Domaine de Bell Vue, a 20 mile stone (or oyster shell) throw from the Atlantic coastline, Jerome Bretaudeau knows it's the soil that makes the wine. His Sauvignon Gris, the pink-skinned mutant cousin of Sauvignon Blanc and grows in a mixture of gabbro and granite/schist, is produced with natural yeast and low sulfites.
Write Your Own Review