Domaine de la Pepiere
- Muscadet 2019
- Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet)
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Muscadet sure does like shellfish.
- A time-tested match with moules mariniere,
- linguine topped with steamed cockles
- or freshly shucked oysters dipped in a tangy mignonette.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-moderate intensity, medium finish, salty, lime, pear
- Winemaker Marc Ollivier takes his time making Pepiere's Muscadet. Certified organic, he farms with biodynamic practices, hand harvests, uses natural yeasts, really does age sur lie, then bottles with little added sulfites and only a light filtration. His old vines have a particularly good exposition on a plateau overlooking the river Sèvre. All the pieces are in place. Pure and simply satisfying.
Write Your Own Review