Domaine de Montille
- Volnay En Champans 2011
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Compliment the floral minerality and finesse of a Volnay with classic roasts and poultry dishes.
- Try magret de canard aux échalotes,
- prune-stuffed pork loin
- or poulet de Bresse rôti aux beurre d'herbes.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, eucalyptus, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, earthy, mineral
- The father is an icon, the son is now among the Burgundy winemaking elite and the daughter is a rock star. Such is the tale of the de Montilles, whose family winery boasts some of the most enviable vineyard sites in the Côte de Beaune and produces wines coveted by most of the 3 star restaurants in France. Their wines are structured, precise, biodynamic and pretty damn amazing.
Write Your Own Review