Domaine des Comtes-Lafon
- Monthelie Rouge Les Duresses 2012
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Compliment the floral, fruit and finesse of a Monthelie with classic roasts and poultry dishes.
- Try magret de canard aux échalotes,
- prune-stuffed pork loin
- or poulet de Bresse rôti aux beurre d'herbes.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, strawberry
- The go-to name for Meursault, with holdings in Boucheres, Poruzots, Gouttes d'Or, Genevrieres and Perrieres, Domaine des Comte-Lafon spread its wings under the guidance of Dominique Lafon, who took the reins in 1985; adding vineyards in the Maconnais and even a project in Oregon. The grapes for their Monthelie begin fermentation in steel tank, then finish in barrel. They mature in 30% new oak for 18 months.
Write Your Own Review