Domaine du Castel
- Petit Castel 2019
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petite Verdot
- Israel > Judean Hills
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Serve Bordeaux-styled wines with simple, but full-flavored recipes.
- Perfect with leg of lamb or prime rib,
- mushroom and eggplant lasagna
- or an herb-roasted capon.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, bell pepper, black fruits, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, leather , red fruits, spicy
- Founded by British-schooled, Egyptian native Eli Ben Zaken, in what can only assume was the natural successor to his previous businesses (poultry farm and Jerusalem Italian restaurant), Domaine du Castel is perched not only on the hills that surround Jerusalem, but also as one of the preeminent boutique wineries in Israel today. Petit Castel spends 18 months in French oak and is bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review