Domaine du Chateau de Chorey
- Bourgogne Rouge Chateau Germain 2009
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Ah, Burgundy.
- Synonymous with beef bourguignon and indispensable in coq au vin,
- but why not try bacon-topped cod filets on a bed of spinach and mushrooms
- or cold London broil on warm garlic bread?
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, earthy
- The Germain family has spent the last four generations as owners, producers and negociants. Their Domaine du Chateau de Chorey encompassed 45 acres of prime Beaune vineyards, all farmed lutte raisonée, most recently by Benoit Germain, whose untimely death in 2010 foreshadowed the sale of the Germain holdings to Remoissenet and Louis Jadot. The 2009's are Benoit's last vintage.
Write Your Own Review