Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2018
- Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah, Cinsault
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- A lush, powerful Chateauneuf is always splendid with exotic game or earthy flavors.
- Delicious with roasted wild boar and preserved cherries,
- pan-seared venison
- or beef carpaccio with truffle oil.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black currant, fig, licorice
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, creme de cassis, tar
- Vieux Telegraphe, named for the old telegraph tower once situated where the domaine now stands, is nestled on the highest ridge in the Chateauneuf appellation, surrounded by the famous stone fields that resemble lunar landscapes. Henri Brunier's (and now sons Daniel and Fréderic) conviction was that the foundation of their wine's quality stemmed from that stony terrain. A classic.
Write Your Own Review