Domaine Etienne Sauzet
- Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru les Combettes 2013
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Citrusy, mineral-laden and generous, pair complex wines with richly textured, but uncomplicated flavors.
- Try lemon chicken with capers,
- lobster risotto
- or a wedge of runny brie.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, green apple, slate
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, lemon, pear
- Under the leadership of Sauzet's grand-daughter Jeanine and her winemaker husband, Gerard Boudot since 1975, the domaine of Etienne Sauzet is now widely regarded as one of the finest exponents of white wine in the world. Their les Combettes is blended from a 1 hectare plot of 50+ year old vines and aged in Allier and Vosges barrels for 10 months. Superbly powerful.
Write Your Own Review