Domaine Francoise et Denis Clair
- St. Aubin Blanc les Champlots 2012
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Serve multi-textured and minerally whites with briny seafood and creamy sauces.
- Pair with oysters Rockefeller,
- red snapper grilled in banana leaves
- or smoked trout with a parmesan cream sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, wet stones
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, stone fruits, mineral
- Working with his son and wife Francoise, Denis Clair tends the family vineyards in Santenay and St. Aubin without the use of herbicides. Crushing gently without de-stemming and utilizing battonage, Clair judiciously ferments and ages his mineral-laden Chardonnay in barrel, aging for almost a year before bottling.
Write Your Own Review