- Savagnin les Chalasses Marnes Bleues 2013
- Savagnin Ouille
- France > Jura
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Rustically elegant whites are a tasty match with similar dualities.
- Perfect for tagliatelle with black truffles or
- veal chops with creamy morel sauce.
- End with a brick of aged Comté and a bowl of cherries.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, chalk, citrus fruits, floral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, stone fruits, mineral
- Jura, nestled between Burgundy and Switzerland, is France's smallest wine region and home to Savagnin, a local variety. Jean-Francois Ganevat, having worked with René Monnier in Meursault, has broken from the high-acid, oxidized style of the more prolific vin jaune, rendering a distinctive wine of Burgundian complexity and absolute purity. Biodynamically produced, sans soufre.
Write Your Own Review