Domaine J.F. Mugnier
- Nuits St. Georges Clos de la Marechale 2013
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy,
- Pair a nuanced Côte de Nuits red with roasted or grilled dishes.
- Try filet mignon with a blueberry-balsamic reduction,
- rosemary-braised lamb shanks
- or double cut pork chops with a morel pan sauce.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, chocolate, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, dusty
- Frederic Mugnier was working as an engineer in Saudi Arabia at the time of his father's death, and missing the French life, headed back to Burgundy, helping with the family's 1984 bottlings and then helming the winemaking on the 1985's. His non-interventionist, yet science-based decision making smacks of his engineer training. He farms lutte raisonée and tries to remove himself from the winemaking equation.
Write Your Own Review