Domaine Jean-Claude Bessin
- Chablis la Foret 2008
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Chablis' saline minerality makes it a perfect partner to seafood and fish dishes.
- Pair with a mix 'n match plate of the world's finest oysters,
- broiled trout with a lemon-cream sauce
- or sautéed scallops.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, flint, herbaceous, lemon
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
- Sourcing from a small plot in the heart of the Montmains appellation, Jean-Claude Bessin farms lutte raisonée, hand-harvests and utilizes wild yeast fermentation followed by a 15-18 month elevage for his classically-styled Chablis. Working previously as an architect, Bessin took over his father-in-law's vineyards, steering them away from the co-op to estate bottling.
Write Your Own Review