Domaine la Bastide
- Syrah les Genets 2010
- France > Languedoc
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match Syrah's earthy tones and dark, spicy fruit with Mediterranean-inspired fare.
- Try chicken baked with tomatoes, olives and capers,
- slow-cooked lamb
- or kofta kebabs topped with garlicky tzatziki.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, blackberry, black pepper
- A linchpin in Anne-Marie and Guilhem Durand's mini Languedoc empire, Chateau la Bastide sits atop limestone-rich, gravely soil; the vineyards planted in densely arranged, trellis-trained plots. Working with consultant Claude Gros, the Durands farm lutte raisonée and ferment their Syrah in cement, aging it in steel tanks for a year before bottling. Precise and very, very tasty.
Write Your Own Review