Domaine La Craie
- Vouvray 2012
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire
- White, Touch Sweet, Light-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Bright and crisp, pair off-dry Vouvrays with fruity, creamy or pungent dishes.
- Try with an apricot-stuffed pork loin,
- chicken in a lemon cream
- or dates stuffed with Cabrales and almonds.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, chalk, floral, orange blossoms
Mouth: Light Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, apricot, pear, mineral
- From the warmest area of the Vouvray appellation, Vallee Coquette, hillside grapes are hand-harvested from 15-25 year old vines and aged exclusively in stainless steel. The wine's natural residual sugar is beautifully balanced by bright acidity. La Craie is French for chalk, and refers to the soft, white soil that runs through and characterizes the wines of Vouvray.
Write Your Own Review