Domaine la Roquete
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape l'Accent de Roquete 2009
- Grenache, Mourvedre
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- A natural with festive meals, pair Chateauneufs with meaty dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with gamey birds like squab, pheasant and game hens.
- Try venison, lamb or veal chops.
- Beef bourguignon, too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black currant, black cherry, spicy
- For this limited production cuvée, the Brunier family (Vieux Telegraphe) culls old-vine Grenache from the les Pialons lieu-dit. Gravity transports the juice through fermentation and the lots are vinified in open tanks for up to a year. Blended, the wine is aged in foudres for another year and bottled without filtering or fining. Roquete's l'Accent is powerful, luscious and elegant.
Write Your Own Review