Domaine la Tour Vieille
- Banyuls Reserva NV
- Grenache Gris, Grenache Noir
- France > Languedoc-Roussillon
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- The classic match: Banyuls and chocolate.
- Also great with stewed or cooked fruit,
- blue-veined cheeses
- or shared with a loved one, late at night. In a sleeping bag. With chocolate.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, caramel, dried fruit, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium acidity, light tannin, intense, long finish, raspberry, spicy, chocolate
- This legendary fortified wine from the southernmost reaches of France is made very much like Port. With a couple of notable differences. Grape alcohol is added to the must, stopping the fermentation, leaving it sweet. The must and juice is then divided and aged in 3 separate types of containers: barrels, foudres and glass jars, the latter of which is aged outside in the sun. The finished blend is from 1-13 years of age.
Write Your Own Review