- Meursault 2012
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- When the wine is rich, citrusy and minerally, compliment it with similarly styled dishes.
- Pair with an olive oil-drizzled steamed lobster,
- a creamy seafood risotto
- or a lemony veal piccata.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, peach, pear, mineral
- A 3rd generation vintner, Thierry Matrot has studied oenology, but values the powers of observation taught to him by his father. Technology has made winemaking easier, but Matrot's approach has changed little. Follow the vines. Follow the grapes. Let every vintage be different. His 2012 bottling is a blend of 11 different parcels and aged in used oak only. It's splendid.
Write Your Own Review