Domaine Meo Camuzet
- Hautes-Cotes de Nuits Blanc Clos Saint-Philibert 2013
- Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Serve multi-textured and minerally whites with briny seafood and creamy sauces.
- Pair with oysters Rockefeller,
- red snapper grilled in banana leaves
- or smoked trout with a parmesan cream sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, slate, pear, green apple
- Founder, Etienne Camuzet, parced out his vineyards to sharecropppers while being a full-time politician. His daughter bequeathed the holdings to her closest relative, Jean Meo, a de Gaulle cabinet member, who also ran it from afar. It wasn't until Jean's son took over in 1985, and brought in Burgundy legend Henri Jayer, for three years until his retirement, that things really started to jell. Pure and balanced.
Write Your Own Review