Domaine Meo Camuzet
- Marsannay 2012
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match mineral-rich Côte de Nuits reds with inventive dishes.
- Delicious with wild mushroom fricassée over polenta,
- pan roasted squab with pomegranate reduction
- or a new take on coq au vin.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, mint, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black currant, black cherry, mineral
- Founder, Etienne Camuzet, parced out his vineyards to sharecropppers while being a full-time politician. His daughter bequeathed the holdings to her closest relative, Jean Meo, a de Gaulle cabinet member, who also ran it from afar. It wasn't until Jean's son took over in 1985, and brought in Burgundy legend Henri Jayer, that things really started to jell. Pure and balanced.
Write Your Own Review