Domaine Meo Camuzet
- Vosne-Romanée les Chaumes 2014
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match classic Côte de Nuits reds with classic, time-tested dishes.
- Pair with a richly stewed coq au vin,
- hearty beef bourguignon
- or a slow-roasted lamb shoulder with rosemary and garlic.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, red fruits, roses
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, licorice, chalk
- Founder, Etienne Camuzet, parced out his vineyards to sharecropppers while being a full-time politician. His daughter bequeathed the holdings to her closest relative, Jean Meo, a de Gaulle cabinet member, who also ran it from afar. It wasn't until Jean's son took over in 1985, and brought in Burgundy legend Henri Jayer, that things really started to jell. Pure and balanced.
Write Your Own Review