Domaine Michel Girard et Fils
- Sancerre Rosé
- Pinot Noir
- France > Loire Valley
- Rose, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Pair crisp rosés with lighter preparations of vegetables, fish or fowl.
- Perfect with grilled tuna kabobs,
- a Mediterranean melange of feta, tomatoes and olives
- or a frisée salad with duck and lentils.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, flint, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, strawberry, cherry, mineral
- Michel Girard, with sons Philippe and Benoit, produce outstanding wines from 50 acres of estate vines planted in all 3 of Sancerre's distinct soil types; silex, caillottes and terre blanches. For their rosé, 75% of the Pinot Noir is pressed and 25% is bled (saignée.) The finished, tank-aged wine showcases a fresh vibrancy balanced with cool minerality. It's also ridiculously delicious.
Write Your Own Review