- Sancerre Rouge 2009
- Pinot Noir
- France > Loire
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Fresh
- Light, bright and balanced, Loire Pinot Noirs compliment myriad meals and flavors.
- Delicious with a polenta and mushroom ragu,
- duck confit salad with dried berries
- or pan-seared loin of rabbit.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, strawberry, cherry
- The vineyards of Millet Francois are some of the oldest in Sancerre. Their 50+ acres are planted to primarily limestone soil Sauvignon Blanc, but for their rosé and rouge it's old-vine Pinot Noir planted in mineral-laden clay. Vinfied and aged in stainless steel tanks to preserve its vibrancy and juicy zest, Domaine Millet's Sancerre Rouge is both classy and classique.
Write Your Own Review