- Anjou Villages Les Tailles 2019
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- An undervalued multi-tasker, serve a Loire Cabernet Franc with fowl, fish or rustic fare.
- Tasty with oven-roasted critters like quail or rabbit
- and a treat with smoky grilled salmon.
- Perfect pair? Humboldt Fog.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cooking spices, crushed stones, cherry
- A vital cog in (late) Becky Wasserman's portfolio, the wines of Domaine Ogereau, specifically those of 4th generation vintner, Emmanuel, are the flag-flyers for dry Chenin Blanc in the Loire Valley. Not to be lost, however, are the plots of Cabernet Franc planted by Francis Ogereau from the 1950's-80's. The concrete-fermented grapes for Les Tailles age for 18 months in 500ml barrels and buried, sandstone-tiled tanks.
Write Your Own Review