- Saint-Chinian Les Travers de Marceau 2014
- Mourvedre, Syrah, Carignan, Cinsault
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match a stony and spicy Saint-Chinian with hearty Mediterranean fare.
- Try baked chicken with tomatoes, olives and capers,
- braised lamb with couscous
- or pappardelle with a wild mushroom ragu.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, leather , mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, black pepper
- Drawn to the town of Berlou for the proliferation of super-old vine Carignan that surrounded the village, Jean-Marie Rimbert had already completed a stint at Chateau de Flaugergues before purchasing what is now his eponymous domaine. Working with organically grown grapes, Rimbert uses indigenous yeasts, gravity flow and only a light filtration on his mineral-rich cuvées.
Write Your Own Review