Domaine Saint-Jacques d'Albas
- Le Petit Saint-Jacques 2016
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
- France > Languedoc-Roussillon
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Some Languedoc blends are best paired with straightforward comfort food.
- Throw some meat and vegetables on the grill,
- bake a pizza topped with sliced creminis
- or order in some Tandoori chicken.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black fruits, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, cranberry, blackberry, brambly
- With a 10th century chapel towering over the property to date its origin, this historic winery was churning it out for the local co-op until Englishman Graham Nutter and his French wife, Beatrice, purchased the domaine in 2001. They rehabilitated the soil with homeopathic techniques, drastically cut yields and have been producing seriously good, méthode Cousinié wine ever since.
Write Your Own Review